Friday, December 20, 2013

Comic Romance

Dialogue.
 This is a story about a 15 years marriage, in which the man (Charles) was at home, but he was supposed to be at work. He needed to meet his wife (Chelsea) to tell her a horrible thing that had just happened to him.
Chelsea has always wanted to have children, but Charles is prepared to have them, for he preferred to be focused in his career. Secondly, there has never been any possibility to join the whole family, because Chelsea has never tolerated Charles’ mother (Alice), although he loves his mother more than anything. Thirdly, Chelsea makes him choose between her or his mother and sister (Cloe) each time they discuss.
Another character is Robert, who is Chelsea’s father and wished to get rid of Charles, for he thinks she deserves someone better than him. 

Charles:  Hello, honey. I’m at home! Is there anybody here?...( anybody asked) This is strange…she should be here?
Chelsea: (Entering the house)…And you? What are you doing here? Weren’t you supposed to be at home right now?
Charles: But sweetie, I came to have lunch with you. You must be happy for that. 
Chelsea: It’s not that…it is only that I am surprised.
Charles: Where were you?
Chelsea: Ehm…I don’t know if I should tell you?
Charles: What are you hiding? I’m so intrigued.
Chelsea: Ohm…Yes. There is something I haven’t told you.
Charles: Tell me now.  I’m getting scared about that.
Chelsea: Well, I haven’t told you because I was not sure, but now I am.
Charles: We have spent fifteen years together…why are you hiding the truth? Perhaps there is someone else, it there? 
Chelsea: Yes, there is someone else…
Charles: But how? What happened? When?
Chelsea: Take it easy…
Charles: …I cannot be quiet!
Chelsea: Look me in the eyes…I love you, and that person is coming is our child. I’m pregnant!
Charles: What? How? Ha?
Chelsea: That’s right. After all the effort we did, it happened at last. In fact, the doctor told me that it could happen when you stop trying!
Charles: I’m glad to know that there is no other man…What a relief! But…
Chelsea: What’s wrong with you? Maybe you are not happy…
Charles: Yes…No…
Chelsea: No? But this is what we have always wanted, honey!
Charles: Well, but there is something you need to know…
Chelsea: What?
Charles: Actually, I didn’t come to have lunch only…I was fired today!
Chelsea: How? You serious?  And what are we going to do now?
Charles: Be quiet. I’ll think about that.

(They huge each other)
After 2 days…
(DING DONG)
Chelsea: (Opens the door) Hello, mother in law…What a surprise!     
Alice: Hello, dear!
Chelsea: Hi, Cloe. Come in.  
Cloe: Wait! Don’t close the door!
Chelsea: Is anyone else coming?
Alice: Yes! The moving van!
Chelsea: What?
Charles: Mom! Sister! Good to see you both.
Chelsea: What is happening here?
Alice: Take it easy, sweetie. Charles told us the problem and we came to help you immediately.
Chelsea: To help us? How? What are those stuffs?
Cloe: We came to live with you, and we will pay the rent while we stay here.
Alice: Your house is too big, and you’ll need help, especially now that you are pregnant.
Chelsea: But Charles!
Charles: What’s wrong? Don’t you like the idea?
Chelsea: Why did you not tell me before?
Alice: Dear, I think you don’t have any choice.
Chelsea: It is my house! You could ask me before doing this
Charles: But honey, it’s my family!
 Alice: Of course. And it is time to stop discussing, the decision is already done. Now, I’m starving...
Cloe: Me too! What do you have for lunch?
Chelsea: Bread with butter.
Cloe: Are you crazy? Don’t you have anything else to offer us?
Chelsea: No, that’s all.
Charles: Hey sister…what are you in the mood for?
Chelsea: I said there is anything else!!!
Charles: ehm…but maybe we can go to the supermarket to buy something delicious in order to celebrate your arrival.
Chelsea: No. I prefer to save money…my house, my rules!
Alice: I’m going to pay for living here, so it is my home too.
Chelsea: Charles…this is not going to work.
Charles: But…but…
Chelsea: You’ll have to choose. It is your mother or me!
Charles: Honey, please don’t make me choose…
Chelsea: Right.
Charles: What are you doing? Why are you taking your purse? Where are you going?
Chelsea: To live with my parents! It will be the best solution.
Charles: But…but…the baby…our dreams...our marriage…think about that!!!
Chelsea: You’ve already decided. It is clear. And about the baby…you can see it in 9 more moths.

(Ding dong, rings the doorbell again)
Chelsea: (Opens the door)
Robert: Hello, daughter! I was near here and I decided to come to see you.
Chelsea: Great. It is the best moment you could come.
Robert: Why? And what’s happening here? Why are there so many people in your house?

Charles: Father in law! She wants to leave me. Help me please, I don’t deserve this?

Chelsea: You don’t deserve it? Hey, you chose to live with your family instead save our marriage!!
Robert: Is that truth? Well, if that is his decision, you better come to live with me.


Chelsea: And that is what I’ll do right now. So, good bye Charlie, it was a pleasure to meet you.
Charles: If you go out of this house, I’m not going to follow you, and it will be the end of our…
Chelsea: (Slams the door and goes with her father)

And they lived mooched off their parents FOREVER…










No comments:

Post a Comment